I knew better than to open an email with this heading from an old friend. Anything with the heading Seniors is usually going to make me madder than hops. But the topic hit two of my hot buttons.
I was curious to see how an otherwise intelligent, successful person could drink the Trump Kool-aid and I am out of the loop on blanket endorsements by older people.
This brief caveat preceded the list of thirteen things seniors want:
“Truthfully, we are usually in agreement with most of what h
- Put “GOD” back in America!
- Borders: Closed or tightly guarded!
- Congress: On the same retirement & healthcare plans as everybody else.
- Congress: Obey its own laws NOW!
- Language: English only!
- Culture: Constitution and the Bill of Rights!
- Drug-Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before & during Welfare!
- Freebies: NONE to Non-Citizens!
- Budget: Balance the damn thing!
- Foreign Countries: Stop giving them our money! Charge them for our help! We need it here.
- Fix the TAX CODE!
- RESPECT OUR MILITARY AND OUR FLAG!”
If this was a blanket endorsement by older people, I'm beginning to understand why they are tools for pollsters. Urban dictionary: Tool: One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool.
Here’s my take on thirteen things that seniors admire about “The Donald.”
All of their rantings about morality has sent the far right segment of the older population off the rails. Do a balance sheet of “wrongdoings” of Hillary vs Donald and get back to me.
The demographic that correctly identifies these folks is bigotry not senior. When it serves their purpose they drag God, respect and the military into the equation.
Nothing about Trump’s behavior indicates he has a clue about godliness.
He has totally disrecpected the office of the Presidency.
As for the military, I guess many of these folks forgot Trump had bone spurs when it came time to man up.
Older people are not given due consideration and often have to deal with exclusion and marginalization.
To my friend who sent the email; I know I won’t hear from you again and to tell the truth, I’m not sorry.